With the Call for Members, the Future Architecture platform opens its doors to museums, galleries, festival organisers, academic institutions and other operators with innovative approaches to architecture, and invites them to participate in the 2019 European Architecture Programme.
Future Architecture is a leading exchange and networking platform that enables architecture museums, festivals, producers, publishers, agencies, academic institutions and multidisciplinary emerging professionals to easily connect and build joint projects. Becoming a part of the platform offers an opportunity to connect with the most outstanding organisations and practitioners in Europe.
The selected applicant will be invited to become a full member of the Future Architecture platform and will receive a grant of 16,000 EUR to support their activity, which will contribute to the circulation and promotion of emerging talents in the field of architecture around Europe.
This Call for Members is open to organisations having a legal personality. It is intended for cultural organisations and institutions who operate in the area of architecture in Europe.
When submitting their application, applicants must be in a position to demonstrate their existence as a legal person for at least 2 years of the date of deadline for submission.
To qualify as a Future Architecture member, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- must be established as companies, associations or organisations active in the CCSs.
- their aim is to showcase and promote European creators and artists and their works.
- must be key players in the field of architecture in their local environment and/or internationally.
- must act as one of the main sources of information or producers of content related to architecture in their residing country and/or internationally.
- have skills to create outstanding and well-visited events.
- demonstrate innovative approach in presenting urban issues, architecture and design.
- demonstrate a commitment to improving the understanding of cities, architecture, design and built environment in the community.
- contribute to the Europe-wide communication of ideas, information and values.
- stimulate creativity and create alternatives to the established models of operation.
- have recent experience in working with emerging creatives.
A grant will be awarded to proposals that will follow the goals of the Future Architecture platform and will contribute to the overall outcomes of the platform.
The applicant should include a minimum of 5 emerging creatives from the Future Architecture Call for Ideas.
The applicant should guarantee minimum 20% of his own financial support in the overall budget of the activity.
The coordinating entity will assess the applications on these evaluation criteria, specifically and in this sequence:
- the extent of relevance and quality of the activity
- the number of emerging creatives from the Future Architecture Call for Ideas
- the coproduction with other members of the Future Architecture platform
- the extent of collaboration with the Future Architecture platform in the last 2 years
- the extent to which there is a clear insight of the quality of the communication plan and audience development
- the extent of possible unexpected benefits
15 January 2018 at 24:00
The coordinating entity will decide on the recipient of the grant until 15 January 2018. Applicants will be informed of the decision on 25 January 2018.
All applicants are kindly invited to the Matchmaking Conference in February, where we will announce the results and present the new member.